View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2012, 08:30 PM   #2240
snorvich
Team RC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajas View Post
Quote:
"Originally Posted by hajas
I have a 220 gallon tank (6’ long and 2’ wide) with approximately 255 lbs of LR and approximately a 2” sand bed. I am thinking about the following stocking list:
Coral Beauty Angel
Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish Pair
Firefish Pair
Diamond Watchman Goby
Algae Blenny
Schooling Bannerfish Pair
Mandarin after about 8 months
Powder Blue or Powder Brown Tang
Yellow Tang

Potential Additions:
Spotbreast Angel
Ignitus Anthina Pair
Yellow Candy Hogfish will be a problem with shrimp
Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse Trio
Longfin Fairy Wrasse Trio

No obvious incosistencies although the tank will be pretty full if you do everything

I also plan on including several shrimp, snails and smaller crabs. I am thinking the tank will include soft corals and potentially an anemone or two. I would appreciate feedback and things to think about as I move forward with adding livestock. This is sort of a wish list, so I am expecting to have to make some choices between these options. Currently all I have is a small CUC consisting of snails and a few small hermit crabs. Thanks. "

Which of these would be the best to start with? I wanted to start with the clowns, but looking like it might be a little while until my LFS gets them in.
It is always best to start with the most passive first, so in your case, that is firefish and blenny. Tangs last and concurrently but be sure to quarantine them as well as other fish