View Single Post
Unread 12/14/2008, 03:32 PM   #9
EnglishRebel
Retired Rebel Reefer

EnglishRebels build thread
Part 3
Construction Begins.

First I had to relocate the HVAC unit for the sunroom (it’s a Mini Split).

When my contractor installed it, they sat it on the concrete. However when the HVAC inspector came by he made them remove it, saw cut the slab, install gravel, and reinstall the unit to prevent water from the defrost cycle causing a slip hazard. I asked about the gutter downspouts dumping water on the driveway outside the back door. That didn’t faze him. You can’t argue with a building inspector – they’re next to God.
As it turned out, it helped me in that I didn’t have to cut the concrete to install a sump. I installed forms and rebar for the 6” x 6” concrete curb and mixed up 8 bags of Quickcrete.

That reminds me of the fellow who was telling his friend that the archbishop had been in town to consecrate the local church. To which his friend replied ‘they did that when they built my front path last month and that stuff sets like iron’
Anyway – enough of my Monty Pythonese – back to construction.
After the forms were stripped I relocated the HVAC unit, which allowed me to dig out for the in-floor sump.

Stay tuned for more construction (and concrete and consecration )

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. "
Sir Winston Churchill praising those young RAF pilots.
August 20th 1940
Click on my name for drop down list and select "Visit EnglishRebels Home Page" for my build thread.

Current Tank Info: 60x30x24 200G AO custom glass tank, basement equipment room, 30G and 55G Fuges, LifeReef sump & 30" skimmer.

Last edited by EnglishRebel; 12/14/2008 at 03:56 PM.