View Single Post
Unread 11/08/2017, 02:50 AM   #376
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Building the BTA Propagation System (Part 4)

The BTA tanks are up and running (I however, can barely keep my eyes open)! Still a good amount of work to do but each system is up and running, dosed with ammonia, and dosed with bio-spira. The Pond Matrix media has been cycled and running for a couple months already so I fully expect ammonia to be zero by tomorrow. I'll be picking up some clownfish from a local breeder sooner than later.

Return setup and Heater. Temp controller soon to follow.

I use a 5.25" section of Python No-Spill siphon tubing. It fits the parts tightly and is a high quality tubing so it should last for a long time.

The return pump has a dedicated chamber and bubble trap.

I've already freshwater tested these systems for the last two days. I drain, dry, and fill each system with saltwater.

I cut out a section of egg crate that will be used as a stand for the filtration. It rests on two acrylic extrusions I glued in place last month.

I chose this glass at random to be my measuring device for the pond matrix, each tank gets two glasses poured on top of the egg crate.

These systems will also utilize a sponge for mechanical filtration. Cut to size and inserted above the Pond Matrix.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote