View Single Post
Unread 03/16/2012, 07:23 PM   #217
captngreg
Registered Member

I finally did it!
Over a year ago, after reading every word of some 1000 + posts on your thread along with Chinghai’s I finial felt I could tackle the aquarium of my dreams. You inspiration has led to the start of construction of a 500 gallon reef tank and a build thread here on Reef Central.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2146585

I think my first post sums this build up pretty well.

“A very large aquarium in a very small condo!
In this build I will be addressing several if not unique complication at least some tricky ones. Namely Earthquakes, very limited space for the aquarium’s support systems and energy consumption. My hope is people will find some of my solutions helpful and somewhat creative and other member may have suggestions for improvements on my design or put forth new ideas I haven’t even thought of.
I would like to acknowledge three people for inspiring me to undertake this build, Mr. Wilson for his tireless support on many threads here on Reef Central & his valuable insight into all thing aquarium, Next to Chinghai, for a great thread and an even better aquarium in a small space, and lastly to Peter. Peter’s best practices principles will be used extensively wherever possible given the limited space and to some degree financial considerations. Peter you dedicated your aquarium build to the “four masters”. I would like to dedicate my build to you three. “The three inspires”. If it wasn’t for all the inspiration & the information I gleaned from your effort here on Reef Central, I would have never found the courage to attempt this build.”

captngreg

captngreg is offline   Reply With Quote