View Single Post
Unread 12/12/2008, 01:37 AM   #1
Lavish62
Registered Member

New rimless build thread

Hey all I thought I should start a build thread for my 45gal rimless 30x18x20. I ordered the glass from a friend of mine, the corners are beveled, polished, and he made all 4 sides starfire. I had him drill three holes in the back and three in the bottom for the closed loop.

I had Acrylic world make me the over flo.

I had my cabinet guy make me a stand to match the house decore (so my wife wouldn't trip too much). I think it came out a little too low and a little narrow all around but it'll do.

Next came the light, I designed a custom fixture and had my sheet metal guy make that for me. I am gonig to patina it when its done. I am going to mount a Reef Optix 3 in the fixture and use a 250 pheonix 14kde bulb. Two t5's and moon lighting.

I have to thank Ali at Amazing for all his help with design and components.
I am using my old 15 gallon sump to start. It was the only place I could save money. I will feed the tank using an Ehiem 1262 return pump. I am going to try the new Euro Reef calcium reactor, it looks pretty nice, and Jeff seems to know what he is doing. Ali sold me on a Warner Marine AZ150 recirculting skimmer. I talked to John and he reasured me that his skimmers are the best for the money. I went a recirc skimmer because I have no room in my sump for the skimmer.

For the closed loop I am going with the pan world 100px-x and I am going to split that into two locline nozzles. So I will end up with four directional nozzles

I ordered my top off through ato.com, and I will use the Reef Keeper Elite to manage top off. The RKE will automate the system for ease of maintenance. The top off is going to feed into a Euro Reef Kalk reactor.

I am going to run two Poly reactors, one for carbon. and one for phosban. Those will be fed off of the return pump by a manifold that will dump back into the sump.

For the chiller I am going to run a 1/4 horse Aqua Logic. I need something big since the sumo and equipment will be housed in the garage.

I was not sure about the RODI system but again wanting to save a little money I opted for the Bulk Reef Supply 5 stage system, and I am going to run that off the cold feed of the hot water heater.

This should be a fun project.

It's go time!!!

Current Tank Info: 50Gal Rimless, 12gal. sump, 250 Pheonix, 2 Actinic, WM RX150 Skimmer, Profilux Doser, Euro reef Kalk Reactor, Vortec MP10, Tunze 6025, Eheim 1620 return, Aqua logic 1/4HP chiller, RK Elite
Lavish62 is offline   Reply With Quote