View Single Post
Unread 05/21/2017, 10:18 PM   #33
Wally.B
Registered Member

DOSER (Auto Water Changer) COMPLETED & INSTALLED With (Lighting Feature)

So the Doser is Finally Installed (PERMANENTLY) and Couple of Water changes done. Everything is perfect.

However I struggled many hours (2 days) to fix a misplaced wired. (I had trouble falling a sleep thinking things thru)
When Installing the Final Feature (Mode Lighting) I screwed up one wire and nothing was working.

As you can see it wasn't that easy (Lots of wire connections underneath), but I finally found the mistake.

The Lighting Feature is a 3 Color LED installed in the Acrylic Base.
It show status, running mode, plus Future reminder feature.
(I first Had a SImple LED on top, but a small hole Driller into base is more noticeable and Quite Awesome looking)

For now the Water Changer will be Manual.

(ONE BUTTON ACTIVATE)
-> PUSH Button [ Apex Turns off WC-Reservoir Pump]
-> Apex Sends Signal to Doser(+) Controller for Go Ahead.
-> Water Change is done and Apex Turn Reservoir Pump back on.

I need to learn how it works:

-> Keep New Water Container FULL / (Empty Dump Container) [Will Add Sensors in the Future to Failsafe)
-> Turn on New Water heater, and Watch for Tank Temp Match (manual)
-> And also do Water Parameters to learn how much Dosing will be required with Regular Weekly Water Changes.

WHATS REALLY weird, is I feel kind of Lost No doing Manual Bucket Water changes.
I'll get used to it

So now I move to DOSING (Learn and Setup).
Figure out new routine with Easy Weekly Water changes, and how tank Water Parameter need adjustment (if any).
Maybe I’ll just need Coral Food and Coloration Additives.

(Who knows. Routine/Weekly Water Changes may be good enough for a long while till Corals get bigger. But at least I’ll be ready when that day comes).

And I did make a 3 Camera View Movie that I'm editing showing a Installed Run with (Lighting).
As Soon I edit the movie, I'll post on YouTube.

Last edited by Wally.B; 05/21/2017 at 10:54 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote