View Single Post
Unread 02/27/2007, 03:25 PM   #3
jer77
Phish Lover

The bigger the better is my opinion for sump size. How much room do you have? It will add more water to stabilize your display. Yes heaters can go into your sump and is recommended. It depends on your sump size for the heater size. You'll probably have to add two. The refugium is the same idea, bigger is better. Shallow water fuges are however very effective when used for macroalgae. Live rock and live sand is also good to have in your fuge for pods. Here's a link that talks about different ways to use your fuge using seperate compartments. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=969713

I'm a little worried about the return pump size. It seems like it might be too big. What type of skimmer do you have and how big is the pump on it? I'm worried about the flow through your sump being too much. How much head loss is there on the pump? How many and what size drains do you have?

120g 5 Year Old Reef w/ SPS, BTA, Zoos & some Softies. 40g Frag Tank. 40g Sump. Super Reef Octopus XP 3000 External Cone Skimmer. 250W Radiums. TaoTronics LED. PanWorld 200PS w/SQWD
jer77 is offline   Reply With Quote