View Single Post
Unread 04/17/2018, 03:26 AM   #5
Sandman182
Registered Member

Thanks for the insight Roy. I still have not made up my mind on whether or not a Peacock would be a good fit for this size tank since all of my research( and I have done a ton of research!) says that this animal can reach a size of approximately 6 inches. I have a lot of live rock rubble and enough live sand( will be taken from my 180 gallon reef tank) to be used for this tank. This tank will be a long term species only Mantis tank so I want to do this right the first time. Am wondering if anyone in this forum has kept this species at 6 inches in length in a tank this size footprint or smaller. I will not be using PVC pipe for a burrow but will be using large pieces of live rock and rubble and will let this animal build his own burrow the natural way as it would in the wild. I would like a Peacock due to its color vibrance but in no way will I place it in a tank that will be insufficient for its long term care so am gathering as much opinion from those who know that I can. Thanks again for your response!

Sandman182 is offline   Reply With Quote