View Single Post
Unread 05/05/2012, 02:34 PM   #31
reefsurfing
Registered Member

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=79

I have owned Sol Blue and Ecotech radions; the above referenced link helps point out the downfall of AI's. You get 500-600 par in the middle but 100 par 12" away so in order to get the type of uniformity you see the radion producing it takes at least double the units. You run four Ai's sols on a 40 breeder and I run two radions that max at 20% power at midday. For my tank, I wanted SPS in every corner, No limitations on placement and no hot spots that can torch or shock SPS. The units that delivered the best look and value for my needs is the radion. Ai is learning from their past mistakes and creating wider spread optics, 80 degrees, the newest optic go into the vega.

AI, Ecotech and Kessil are going to push each other to continuously provide newer and better products. I would be happy to own any of them but still feel my radion is the best to be had.

Ecotech wont comment but I guarentee you see new pucks available within six months and hopfully they will make the decision to go with Nuetral white colors rather than cool white. That is the only part of the Vega I disagree with!

Other than that I am glad to see AI come out with a much more competitve product like the AI Vega. AI, if your listening, change it to NW and add more "very deep blue".

reefsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote