View Single Post
Unread 02/06/2018, 09:46 AM   #6
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8linespeed View Post
One question regarding the pic. It looks like the main siphon is smaller. I've got 1" bulkheads so I would want to keep it 1" correct?

I'll also try to make an adjustable top ring for the emergency.

Thank you for the help!
What I did not show in the picture is that I actually run a 5 drain overflow. Three 1" siphons, one 1 1/2" secondary and a 1 1/2" emergency. I did this so that I could use the siphon drain water to 'feed' three different things (ATS, refugium, frag tank) in my basement. If you are doing the standard three drains then yes, in your case, you should retain the native 1" pipe size.

Also note in the picture that my emergency uses a 3" PVC stand pipe but it is still attached to a 1 1/2" bulkhead. I did this so that the water level in the external box would not rise as much when the emergency was engaged. The adjustable ring is simply a slip coupling friction fitted over the end of the 3" pipe.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote