View Single Post
Unread 01/30/2018, 08:57 AM   #7
elegance coral
They call me EC

I've been keeping magnifica for many years. Only lost one fish, a yellow tang, to them.
IMHO, the most important part of placing a magnifica is putting it on a pedestal where it can't detect a path to higher ground. If it can reach out and touch the glass or other rocks, it's likely to go on a walk about. They are not likely to move down hill. So, if they're placed on top of a column, with nothing around them, they are very likely to stay there. Good random flow, and a point source of light, like a MH, as Minh pointed out, will also help to keep them in place. Given the right environment, they will stay put for years on end.
HTH
Peace
EC

Current Tank Info: I'm trying to see how many tanks will fit in my house before the wife loses it.
elegance coral is offline   Reply With Quote