View Single Post
Unread 03/22/2018, 10:43 AM   #10
Mrramsey
NEO Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Directions needlessly clarify not worrying about bubbles at the top of the titrating syringe, tell you not to drink the chemicals, and other stupid things. The instructions look like they were written by a 5th grader for use by a 2nd grader.

If I follow the directions literally, I stop when the color starts to change, not when it stops. But I have to wonder if this is correct.

I got 7 replies from people who seem less than certain of the correct endpoint, but all seem smart enough not to drink reagents. The instructions need work.
The directions specifically say:

"As the color in the vial approaches the end color as shown on the instruction card, add one drop at a time swirling after each drop, until the end color is achieved."

If I do it until the color first changes to the orangish / red color from blue my alk reads low (6.3), if I continue until it turns a color that is darker reddish orange I am at an alk of 9. They don't exactly define what "end color" is other than matching the card color which it will never match.

Current Tank Info: 120g In-Wall | BA Overflow | 55g Sump | SWC Extreme 150 Skimmer | DIY ATO | 2 Jebao RW-8| Fluval SP6 | Photon 48v2 LED | GFO and Carbon
Mrramsey is offline   Reply With Quote