View Single Post
Unread 10/24/2010, 09:08 PM   #8
mrwilson
Registered Member

I have had a pair of them in my 200-gallon mainly-softies reef for about six months.

I only had a couple of aiptasia, and they ate those immediately. I had quite a majano infestation going, and they have consumed most (but for some reason, not all) of those. They also, over time, have eaten all the xenia I had (which was quite a lot, actually), which to me was not a big deal, and certainly unsurprising. As for LPS, I have a small duncan colony and a torch coral; I have never seen either of them touch either of those. I have numerous softies of various description (various leathers, toadstools, lots of hairy 'shrooms, a paly colony, a small photosynthetic gorg), and I have never seen them eat any of those. I also have two large BTAs, and a big squamosa clam, and I've never seen them touch those either. I have no SPS in the tank, so can't comment on that. My philosophy for this tank is a "fish-safe reef," rather than ensuring that I get only "reef-safe fish."

I really like these filefish. They are very strange-looking creatures (as are all of the filefishes that I have seen); they look like nothing else in my display. Their coloration changes regularly from very light tan (almost off-white) to very dark and mottled. They are always out in the open swimming around, often together, during the time the lights are on. They came to me in great shape from the DD, and heartily eat everything I offer: NLS pellets, flake, mysis, Rod's food, etc.

mrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote