View Single Post
Unread 09/19/2017, 07:35 AM   #67
choss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James404 View Post
Wow that looks great! I really like the way you did the stand, seems like a simple yet elegant alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes the stand is designed to allow the tank to "float" almost like a pedestal. I grew tired of the traditional stand and was looking for something different. That said, there are many drawbacks. I will be hiding the sump in a small cabinet (that will sit to the right of the tank) so I had to go with a 24 gallon cube sump, and I will need to hide the plumbing carefully so that it isn't noticeable. That is why I created the backboard. The other cabinet in the picture will hold the electrical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James404 View Post
Will you be using sch 80 or 40 fittings for plumbing? I'm going with sch 80 fittings this time around, still need to order them though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I think I went with schedule 80 elbows and schedule 40 colored pipe. I have to check. I did get everything from BRS on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZReef13 View Post
Looks great, glad to hear you just turned white with no broken glass anywhere.

Whats your next step?
Yeah I was really nervous. I waited a year for this tank and it could have all ended in a few seconds.

Up next, I am going to start the plumbing and finish the sump cabinet. I'll post a few pics - it is nearly done. I waited on finalizing things as I just received a nice box from BRS. I'll also post a few pics of the goodies that just arrived later today.

Reef Savvy 96 Gallon Rimless Tank - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643140

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy 96
choss is offline   Reply With Quote