View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2017, 07:48 PM   #30
JustAClownFish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Question:

My concern is a H. Magnifica could outgrow my tank. It could cover the whole tank. If I'm lucky, and can keep it healthy without feeding too much, the size would stay manageable.

I don't mind it dominating the whole thing and killing any corals that just got in its way, but it might not be smart in the long run.

I love the way they look, and I want to make sure the ocellaris I get will accept it as a host naturally, but it might not be practical.

What do you guys think?

My other option is to keep some BTA's and most likely have a bunch of clownfish that host the maxspect gyre pump instead

This setup is really expensive and I wouldn't want to 'waste' it on one anemone that is insanely hard to keep. Also, 8 clownfish in that tank? Wouldn't they eventually kill each other? Honestly, I like the BTA'a idea way more! A whole tank filled with exotic bubbly bubble tips sounds more enticing. In the Reef Hobbyist Magazine, they covered an exotic BTA only tank. They had the craziest colors I've ever seen. Like purple/green and ice blue tips and stuff like that. Or yellow/red.

BTW: May I ask why you chose the Maxspect Gyre? How is the flow pattern of this powerhead? I have one mp10 and can't get a nice flow pattern in my tank. Maybe I should consider another PH so I can use the mp10 for my nano I'm going to set up this weekend.

JustAClownFish is offline   Reply With Quote