View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2017, 10:45 PM   #41
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAClownFish View Post
Does the gyre stir up detritus? One dude on Youtube whose review I just watched said it creates dead spots and he doesn't have that problem with a vortex due to the even spread wall of water it pushes forward.
I had vortex's in tanks and there were plenty of dead spots. I had 80x turnover and still had dead spots. I used smaller powerheads in the back of my rockwork and corners to try to kill them all.

Deadspots will mostly be caused by your rockwork or other obstructions. Moving more water will help, either it be a gyre or not. My rockwork is pretty minimal, so I don't have any deadspots that I can tell. I have had mysis in the corners and behind the rock, even in the caves of rock, and they flow out pretty quick after I turn the gyres on.

I was only feeding one small fish, so I could count the number of mysis that were left in the tank when my pumps were off. They were always accounted for when the pumps were on (and trapped in the dumb mesh of the gyre pump). My poor nassarius snails have nothing to eat, though secretly I spot feed them one mysis a day lol.

My BTA finally ate two whole mysis yesterday, lol. I'll try again next week with mysis and probably some crushed raw shrimp.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote