View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2017, 10:57 AM   #2811
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Welcome SaltyMember! I hear you on losing confidence in a method! I think different treatments work better for different aquarists. Hypo seems to suit me, but you may have better success with copper or the tank transfer method. Also, hypo doesn't treat everything, so you've got to have options, and a proper diagnosis. In my experience, once symptoms are obvious, it's too late, so it's a tricky situation. Do you guess at early symptoms to get a jump on it, or wait and observe more?

Prophylactically treating all new fish with hypo is an ounce of prevention. Most of them have just been yanked from their homes in the ocean. They are very stressed. Hypo makes the considerable work they have to do, to osmoregulate easier. So this important stresser is lessened, at a time when they could really use the help.

So it's a twofer! Ecto-parassite exploder AND therapeutic osmoregulation vacation therapy. That's why it appeals to me. Oh, and it's free.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote