View Single Post
Unread 09/14/2019, 09:30 PM   #9
Overboard
Premium Member

I wish you luck!!

It worked for me in one case in an 8 foot 360 gallon DT. I had a pair of Perculas in a Gigantea on one side and a pair of Latifasciatus in a Merten's on the opposite side. Both pairs stayed pretty close to their anemones and there was little interaction. Of course, this is just one instance of it working.

I want to try again also. I have a pair of Chrysogasters in a Merten's now, but the female wanders quite a bit. There is an empty Mag on the far side of the tank and I have a pair of "White Margin" Latifasciatus I think I will try over there (despite not being a natural host). The Chrysogasters really have no interest in the Mag despite wandering near it at times. Both pairs of clowns are on the large size so I am going to put in a divider when I introduce the second pair. We will see what happens. I am hoping both pairs will stay closer to their hosts so I can eventually pull the divider.

Just an observation, but when diving in Fiji, I saw Pink Skunks in a Mag, right next to A. barberi in a bubble tip. The anemones were touching and the clowns were close as well.