View Single Post
Unread 07/27/2017, 02:25 PM   #32
choss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZReef13 View Post
I'm at a lost for words, on the detail that you are putting into your system. Just simply amazing.

What the next step?
AZ - thanks for following along. Next steps....at times it is a bit overwhelming but here is a short list of what is to come:

* Glue up the back board for the main display stand (this will be fixed to the pipes in the back, perpendicular to the walnut top. The purpose for the board is simply to hide the PVC pipes and provide a way to run wires from the electrical cabinet to the sump cabinet. That project is almost done.

* Rally my local Westchester reef clubbers to come over and help me lift the tank onto the stand.

* Hang the light.

* Plumbing -I have it all but need to measure, cut and glue. I'm sure I'll be missing some critical piece but we'll see soon enough

* Rock - I have plenty of dry live rock sitting in a rubbermaid tub (right under the frag tank in the pic below)

Brute with live rock by choerenz, on Flickr

I was thinking of going with live rock on this one. I had a lot of success with this approach many years ago but I'm also nervous about pests. This is probably the only piece of the puzzle that has left me undecided.

* move a few frags into the frag tank - I am testing daily as the tank cycles. Its almost there. I have three tanks running (a 40, a 20 long, and a 10) that have some livestock, rock etc. So I want to start by acclimating a few frags that are under LED to MH.

Reef Savvy 96 Gallon Rimless Tank - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643140

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy 96
choss is offline   Reply With Quote