View Single Post
Unread 12/16/2009, 10:10 PM   #24
Sk8r
RC Mod

Glad to hear it's ok. That pop was probably one of those garbage-can looking things on a telephone pole blowing up. That's good for 1-6 hours downage.

If you are REALLY in a bind, you can do some good simply by standing on a ladder with a convenient (clean) pitcher, dipping and pouring water: the aeration helps. I kept 48 fairsized fish going all day in the car in small containers by squeezing a squeeze-bulb and forcing air through an aerator. I assure you I was not driving. (I got to plug a pump in at night in the hotel.) It was a 3-day drive and move, and my hand was not worth much after, but think creatively: you want air bubbles in contact with water, and you want the water to move about and discharge its nitrogen burden, and you want it warm. If you have a fireplace, you can warm a hot water bottle on the hearth and pack it next to your sump, etc.

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote