View Single Post
Unread 09/04/2013, 03:14 PM   #21
flsvedlund
Lion Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Puyallup View Post
Great video! Happy to see em eating and smoking!
Thanks! They didn't eat for a bit after shipping, which I was warned about by the breeder but was still stressful. It was such a relief to have them start eating! I feed them like I did in that video twice a day and I let them both eat until they are full. So far they seem super healthy and happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaji108 View Post
how active would yu say they are? hicking 90+ % of the time or more or less?
loving your set do the SH bother the gorgs?

yes vety nice video BTW
Yeah, they're not super active. They spend most of their times hitched and then they'll swim to a new hitch and hang out again. They do spend time moving around on the hitch hunting copepods and just kind of checking everything out. If I stick my hands in the tank to do work they get more active and the smaller on will swim up and hitch on my fingers. They also get more active at feeding time and for a while at night right before the lights go out.

The seahorses don't seem to both the gorgonians much at all. Most of them are already used to the hitching and don't even close their polyps when the seahorses hitch to them. I've only got one (a purple ribbon gorg) that hasn't been doing very well. It still looks healthy but doesn't have its polyps out very often because it closes them whenever a seahorses hitches to it. Other than that one though, they don't both anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaji108 View Post
what was your experience with KP aquatics?
is that big reg gorg a knobby sea rod? how is every thing doing? what are you feeding them?
thanks
I love KP Aquatics. I've ordered from them 4 times now and I do not have a single complaint. They have great stuff for very reasonable prices. Their "standard" sized gorgonians are nice and big for the price. I placed a very large order for this tank, including a mated pair of jawfish, gorgonians, sponges, starfish, hermits, and snails, and I didn't have a single casualty. Everything arrived healthy and I was impressed with the size and quality of everything. Also, they always throw in freebies! I got 10 freebies with the big order for this tank including a free gorgonian, 2 free sponges, a free starfish, and some extra snails and hermits. I HIGHLY recommend KPA!

The big red thing is actually a red tree sponge from KP Aquatics.

Everything is doing very well! I'm feeding the seahorses PE mysis twice a day. For the morning feeding, I thaw the shrimp and let it soak in VitaChem overnight. For the evening feeding, I just feed the thawed shrimp with no enrichment.

flsvedlund is offline   Reply With Quote