View Single Post
Unread 04/15/2018, 12:17 PM   #357
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
There are some rockscapes around the 1:45-2:15 minute mark that I find interesting..
I know what you mean, but they quality of those rocks look pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
To me that tank looks like a LFS's for sale tank. I guess I just like the looks of a full blown reef with full colonies not just racks of frags.

But everyone's interest and likes are different. I do like how there are plenty of places to put corals, just looks empty to me even though it's obviously packed full of corals.
I'm not looking to do exactly the same. It's the concept of open spaces I'm after.

My capability is limited to the rocks I have.
Here is my PILE of ROCKS right now (just thrown in)

My limitation is many of the rocks are BIG, and I'm not into Cutting them.
Maybe if possible CRACK a few.

I DON'T have to USE THEM ALL. If they space out to fill tank, any leftovers can go into Sump/Refuge Area.

Too bad my First Rock Pile broke up (Darn Stool Missing).

That's the concept I'm targeting.

-> Pyramid Shape
-> Many openings
-> Open bottom

Right now, I'm ok with the PILE since I started DT lighting (Low T5 setting) to condition the TANK and ROCK.

The DT Rocks are not building up Algae (and the two Large STARVING Emerald CRABS are picking at anything that Shows up)

Also the ALGAE SCRUBBER has kicked in, so it's a it's a SINKHOLE for any Algae nutrients in the system

(Must do another N&P test since the MATRIX MEDIA should have matured by now)...Last time I check P was on the Rise (0.1_) , and N around 5.

Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote