d2mini
Registered Member

Thanks guys!
The tank and stand has been ordered.
Final dimensions: 84"x24"x24"
Now i have about a 6 week wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqpol View Post
Awesome! I am really looking forward to this.

A local friend here in North Carolina had a semi exposed fish room in his garage, and every tool he had rusted on the face up side, so I would definitely frame in your equipment room. If you're really serious you can even talk to an HVAC guy about piping an exhaust fan from that room back into your central system to deal with the humidity. Otherwise, I would have a chiller for your fish tank plumbed through the false wall to outside garage area, and maybe even a simple manual window air conditioner unit to manage the heat/humidity in the room.
I was starting to look at way to deal with the salt and humidity
I found these. Vents into the attic. But you do have to install a couple vents in the garage door to pull in fresh air. First one on this page.
http://www.coolmygarage.com/attic-fans.php

I also have a portable ac on wheels, but it's kinda loud and would be running 24/7 in the summer. My attic walls are sheetrocked and not insulated. So not sure that would be any better than a chiller.

Another idea I had to contain the salt/humidity was to hang some thick plastic from the ceiling so it wouldn't be as permanent as actual walls. And then one of those vents in the ceiling just over that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwestern View Post
Can't wait to see what it turns into. Loved the last cube Dennis. Will you be bringing over any livestock and or corals from the last tank?

Going TBR again or dry rock?
Ya, i'll be bringing over rock and livestock from the old tank and then supplementing with more rock and all new sand and other stuff from TBS.
I already told Richard at TBS to start picking out some good stuff for me.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote