View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2005, 07:09 PM   #362
dgasmd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rburn99
A page full of characters means your browser is trying to handle the file but it can't. You either don't have quicktime installed on your computer, you do but there is a problem with it, or your browser thinks it can handle quicktime movies when it can't. Try installing(reinstalling) quicktime (www.quicktime.com) Another option is to forget trying to watch them in your browser and just save the files to your harddrive and watch them. (no matter what you're going to need a functioning version of quicktime on your computer)

In case you don't know how to save a file from the internet to your harddrive, try holding shift down when you click the link.. OR.. rightclick on the link and choose Save Link Target As.. note: menu wording may be different from browser to browser.
Thanks for the tips. It must be something wrong with the browser because I used another browser and it worked just fine.

Energy:

Thanks for the sponge tank explanation. I was wondering myself. I ahve been reading some of Tyree's books as of late. I've had them for a while, but never had the time to sit down and read them. From the looks of the skimmer, yours must be the one that Greg told me a while back that he was building or was int he process of building. 6 pumps and 12" acrylic right?

You certainly have a fish in your list I had been looking to get for over 3 years and I am yet to see the first for sale: the orange spotted foxface. How did you come across it? In my mind, that fish is heck of a lot more rare than the Gem tang itself.

You are right on the fish behavior. I am sure it is something that is impressive and cannot really be described. Best of luck with the tank.

Current Tank Info: Currently out of the hobby, but considering a Comeback V 2.1!