View Single Post
Unread 08/26/2017, 08:30 AM   #14
Cheapreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
The mother colony of the snow drop looks like a different coral than what your mini colony is. It's hard to tell what a coral could be unless it's growing into a colony. Yours looks like a small hyanthicus mini colony, that is if you have grown it from a frag. Did you grow it out or buy it at that size? Was it wild, maricultured or tank raised? Doesn't look like a nasuta or sarmentosa if you ask me. You should go on aims to get coral IDs and not try and match a random coral to vendors that give names to their pieces. Unless it was bought from that vendor as that piece the odds are slim to none that's the same piece. Look up hyanthicus on aims coral guide and if it's not close look at corals that are similar that they list on the side.
Yep I got that, once I saw the mother colony it's obviously not what I thought it "might" have been. I only looked at it as I could not find anything else that looked remotly close with the same growth and odd polyps, this one has the right polyps. And I got Zero response to my Coral ID post so thought I would see if anyone had a full colony shot or had one to actually compare.

Bought it on a road trip as stated from a store where the owner was on vacation so there was Zero info I could have gotten from the girl that was taking care of the shop.

Doesn't seem to be a way of looking up anything on Aims Coral Guide, just googled it and it. Has a lot of information on corals, bleaching etc but no search function. Looking up "hyacinthus" <- this is what you meant to spell correct? Again nothing the same.

Thanks for the replies, maybe it's just a random wild acro.

Cheapreef is offline   Reply With Quote