View Single Post
Unread 01/25/2017, 08:53 PM   #32
tenurepro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal View Post
Update!!!

Spoke to Red Sea on Tuesday about ordering a new main drain pipe since mine broke. Well they finally shipped it out today, or at least they said they did. The tracking info says "shipping label printed"
Oh well.. The tank is cycling at this time anyways, so no biggie. I've been dosing ammonia and macbac to kick start things. Also I used live rock, and some of my old water from my other tank to speed the process. I'll probably check the parameters over the weekend for the first time, since I've decided to slow down the transition.
Here's my aquascape so far:

Nice! I also used some live rock from a nano and it helped cycle the reefer 250 very quickly!

One little tip about scape and radions. My scape is similar to yours in that the rock goes to about 2/3rd up the tank. The radions have a very distinct spotlight effect that dissipates with distance away from light. In other words, difference between center and peripheral par is pretty large closer to the light, but the disparity drops off with distance. What that means is that in the top shelf, frags right underneath of the light will get a lot of light and those a few inches away will get less. This will mark it hard for you to light things consistently. The variation in par wjll drop if you shift your top shelf down by several inches...

I would use this tool to help you visualize par in your tank, so they your scape will get the light intensity you need for your corals (ps their calculator says that par for sps needs to be 400+, but really 200 to 300 is good, other than that, it's a great tool)
http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote