Thread: Strange algae
View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2017, 06:25 PM   #11
cflow
Registered Member

Update on my tank. PO4 now 0 per hanna checker and NO3 0-0.2 per salifert kit. The tank is a little less than 5 months now. I've noticed that growth has slowed a bit in my corals and some look really pale. The underside of my hyacinthus is pretty white and some other corals look very drab. Some corals look amazing, just not all of them. I stopped dosing bacteria and carbon source thinking my nutrients are too low. I'm only doing water changes now with probiotic salt. I also added a couple more damsels and a kole tang. I have been feeding heavily, and dose amino acids plus power food daily to boost nutrients. I haven't dosed energy in about a month because some corals looked too thin. I think I need to remove the zeolites. I only have 2/5 the recommended dose anyway. I've turned the flow to the reactor down to the point where it's just a small dribble flowing through for the past month. I've been checking potassium weekly as well. It's been about 380. I dose K+ a couple of times a week to keep it closer to 400. I'm not sure what to do besides ditch the zeolites and start dosing bacteria again to assist in NO3 reduction instead of zeolites. Just a little bit brown algae grows occasionally but is eaten by my CUC. Any suggestions?

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote