View Single Post
Unread 08/22/2017, 09:42 PM   #43
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySchulz View Post
@ca1ore & clowning_around

This is exactly what I needed to know. The bulkheads only came with one gasket each and I knew that I needed one inside the tank but was pretty certain there should be a second one. I just didn't know if it needed to be between rear overflow box & nut or between back of tank glass and overflow box. I also know not to over tighten. And by the way you didn't butcher it all bud. I appreciate both of you.

Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is your MM overflow one of the newer designs, with the removable weir? If so, then the single gasket should go between the outside back of the tank and the rear box. Since the mechanism by which the internal skimmer box is attached to the bulkheads is not completely water tight, there is actually no reason for a gasket under the flange.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote