View Single Post
Unread 05/18/2011, 11:00 PM   #121
Finsky
Registered Member

Green Marine Algae
Optimal food source for all species of marine Tangs, Angels, Wrasses, Damsels, and some Butterflyfish.
Ingredients: 100% Natural Dried Seaweeds (marine macroalgae).
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein
33.9% min.
Crude Fat
3.2% min.
Crude Fiber
2.5% max.
Moisture
6.8% max.

Brown Marine Algae
Optimal food source for all species of marine Tangs, Angels, Wrasses, Damsels, and some Butterflyfish.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein
31.6% min.
Crude Fat
2.2% min.
Crude Fiber
6.5% max.
Moisture
6.8% max.

Red Marine Algae
Optimal food source and color enhancer for Damselfish, small Angelfish, Sponge Feeders, and other marine fish with softer mouth parts.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein
33.2% min.
Crude Fat
2.2% min.
Crude Fiber
4.5% max.
Moisture
9.6% max.

Green 100 ct, CD-10976
$29.99

I have a 100 count from San Francisco Bay which is human edible. I taked a few 10"x10" sheets and cut them into bite size pieces with scissors as well as the red algae above from Ocean Nurtition. I have them in left over freeze dried mysis shrimp or brine shrimp containers.

I sprinkle them in a measuring cup along with freeze dried mysis, brine, bloodworms, and Ocean Nutrition pellets. I them soak them in Vita-Chem, Selcon, and Kent Marine C. for fifteen minutes to half an hour with a bit of aquarium water added. My three yellow Hawaiian tangs and other fish like these nutrition packed meals. Of course I start out with a sprinkling of Ocean Nutrition Formula One Flakes and Ocean Nutrition Two Flakes to wet their appetite.

My three Yellow Hawaiian Tangs are in imaculate condition with this Monday, Wednesday, Friday feedings.

I never thought seaweed clips with large pieces of algae were a very efficient feeding method as the seaweed sheets get pulled apart and sucked into filter and circulation pump intakes.

================================

In my second story loft/bedroom, this year I had a new 65 gallon tank with stand delivered up 13 flights of steps. My Amazon tank I has two Hagen 70 Aquaclear Powerfilters with two Hydor Koralia Evolution 750 propeller pumps(one on each upper front end facing the back corner). The 125 gallon mixed reef tank is down stairs in the living room thank heavens.

I also performed a weekly 10-15% weekly water change this past weekend and I rinsed the sponges, 10 oz chem-pures, and course filter bags with Eheim Efisubstrate Pro pea sized sintered glass biomedia in the siphoned out tank water. I would never rinse out my filter media in tap water. No way, no how. I also rinse out all the media in my two Rena XP4 canisters on the 125 mixed reef tank in three five gallon buckets of siphoned tank water. Must keep that good bacteria. Stability helped me with Amquel Plus on a three day power outage during winter time three years ago with batter air pumps and hot water changes, I did not lose one saltwater fish and the only thing lost was a small long tentacled anemone. Recently I have been using Drs Foster and Smith colonize for bacteria.

I kept all the good bacteria and got a real clean tank with two happy discus, two happy green severum, two happy firemouths, and two happy red blood parrots along with a some happy cori cats and happy schools of black skirt tetras and serpae tetras along with some immigrant clown loaches in my "Amazon" tank.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years

Last edited by Finsky; 05/18/2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: More information
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote