View Single Post
Unread 10/15/2009, 07:01 AM   #2
frankpayne32
Registered Member

Pics!

I've gotten a lot done so far, so there will be a lot of pics today, but I still have miles to go till this thing sees water. I want this to be my accomplishment so I will be doing everything myself from top to bottom.

Here is the beginning shot of my front room where my tank room will be. Notice the wonderful 70's wood paneling (which no longer exists by the way).

The room framed in. The room is 8' x 6'.

Outside paneling installed but not finished or painted.

Inside pic of the room all painted, it is a light gray.

Pic of the stand I built myself. I used the stand template here on Reef Central. It will be physically attached to the wall I built and to the floor joists. A piece of 1/2" plywood will lay on top of the stand and to the outer edge of the wall. The front pane of the tank will be flush with the outside wall. The sides will also be covered in plywood. The stand will be coated with Drylok paint and then coated in a matching gray color. I do have an important question for anyone with engineering/stand building experience. Do I need to put a a center "leg" for the stand? I want it to be absolutely secure so I will if I need to but I also want to have a large sump underneath the tank that is easily accessible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's all the pics for today. I will post some more information/questions about my setup later today.

Frank

frankpayne32 is offline   Reply With Quote