View Single Post
Unread 03/28/2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Eric B 125
Registered Member

Exclamation montipora eating nudibranch

if there is a montipora eating nudibranch in the system, will they eventually die off after the system has been monti-less for a time? the reason i ask is that i've been struggling with my monti cap and now my monti digi. the cap has white spots where there used to be flesh. nearly every level of its growth has receding tissue. none of my acro's have any problems. i havent added anything new for a while now. i did have some pH swings from 7.8 to 8.4 over the last two weeks (because my alk was low) which i have resolved, and also some temp swings from 74-79, which i remedied with a new heater. these monti's were fine until i broke my tank down and changed the lights. i feel like all of this could have contributed to the monti problem, but i dont understand why only the montipora's are affected and none of my other corals (sps, lps, softies) clams, inverts, or fish seem worse for the wear.

now, if you guys dont think its a nudibranch thing (i havent seen any, but i'm just trying to cover all bases) would you advise me to break off an un-affected part of this monti cap and try to re-grow it?

Eric B 125 is offline   Reply With Quote