View Single Post
Unread 02/10/2005, 08:11 AM   #9
graveyardworm
Registered Member

This is a brief description of how I tried to keep mine alive taken from another recent thread.

I had mine in a dedicated tank 50 gals with a plenum/DSB set up to GARF specifications, a 35 gal refuge which drained into the display, about 500 GPH tghrough the fuge. The fuge was full of life pods, worms, cheato, caulerpa, LR, (no skimmer). Tank had about 100 lbs LR, 5 lbs grunge and was full of life, 2 rio 600 for circulation. I tried various circulation schemes, fed DT,s, marine snow, and cyclopeeze. Still my dendro slowly withered away. Oh yeah I also tried the bubble thing, and stirring up detrius in tank and fuge.

Hi mcox33, a more complete description of your tank would be awsome, tank size, skimmer, feeding, fuge or not, sump etc...

I also believe that there are other corals which appear very similar to Dendro, but are relatively easier to keep, have you done anything to verify that you have a Dendro, I think it has something to do with magnification of sclerites, or structure. I do not currently have the technology to verify mine. Thanks

There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave

Current Tank Info: 100 gal lagoon/seagrass, 100 gal sump, Lifereef 72" skimmer, 180 inwall, 125 inwall seagrass/lagoon in progress
graveyardworm is offline   Reply With Quote