View Single Post
Unread 07/05/2016, 01:18 PM   #51
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanmary View Post
thanks for the tips I might start off with the macro and micro elements and then possibly strary the pro biotic system further down the track and possibly the other additives. my system isnt sps heavy and I find it hard to get some of the real high end colorful sps and mine are your more basic colors so for the moment id be happy for the corals to get a good quality salt mix with all micro and macro elements along with good supplementary dosing.
I think the more complex dosing ect would be good for when this or my possible future tank is more sps heavy.
out of curiosity what exactly is the reef mineral salts that is incorporated into the macro element regime. currently I only dose alk cal and mag so what is the mineral salts and how do you dose/test for them to determine how much needs to be dosed? is it based off the cal/mag uptake?
Reef Mineral Salt is merely a buffer to help maintain linear Ionic uptake. With the Component 123 or ABC system, it is to be dosed at equal levels to that of which alk, and CA are dosed. Cheers.

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote