Thread: Aquacon?
View Single Post
Unread 03/25/2010, 10:08 AM   #14
AC2020x
Marine Conservationist

Ok, so this is what just just happend to me! Read my post a few down about getting porc puffer tomorrow.

My dad decided to surprise me without asking and ordered me a porc puffer since I had been considering getting one for a while. Once I found out it was aquacon, I looked up reviews and found nothing but bad things so I wasn't expecting much. I don't know if they have changed management or I just got lucky but I was very impressed with what I got.

My Dad decided to double surprize me and got a porc puffer, butterflyfish and a blue hippo tang. -- Which I didn't know till I opened the box. All the fish were fine and it was very well packaged- the water was about 76 degrees.

It took about a week longer than expected cause my dad said everytime he called the butterflyfish that he had ordered- they told him everytime they got it in, it wouldn't make it though the weekend till they could ship it. So they offered to send a Blue mask butterflyfish instead at no extra cost which was $160 on their website for the medium. Alot more than the other butterfly my dad ordered.

After proper acclimation they all seem to be doing very well and all seem very healthy. The puffer and butterfly ate yesterday, and the tang is still shy, but from what i've read blue hippo tangs take over a week till they start to settle into a new tank, and they are very very shy fish.

I would say my experience with aquacon.com was an A++ so far, however thats just me and I have heard a lot of bad about them. I don't know if I just got lucky or what. Also I've only had the fish for about 2 days now but they all seemed to be doing very well yesterday!

Let me know if you have any questions?

Also all of the specimens looked exactly like they do in the pictures on the site and all seem very healthy.

AC2020x is offline   Reply With Quote