View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2018, 05:16 PM   #67
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeracer619 View Post
I finished removing the coral and snails last night from my 600gal display. It's currently fishless.

Going to start dosing CP tonight. Going after flatworms that I haven't been able to kill with levamisole or FWE, Vermatids, Aptasia, and hopefully bubble algae.

I have a massive skimmer and no fish so I am not sure I need to worry too much about an ammonia spike. My plan is to dose 20mg/gal tonight and do an additional dose of 20mg/gal once my resupply of CP arrives on Monday.

I was planning on doing a second 40mg/gal dose around day 10 just to be sure. My display started fallow on Nov 25th so I wasn't planning on adding fish back until Feb 11th and corals/inverts back until mid March. Thinking that should allow plenty of time for the CP to be removed from the system.
This sounds like a solid plan. The only suggestion is you may be able to start adding fish earlier than Feb 11th if you want to. Just monitor for ammonia a week after you have started your CP treatment. If your ammonia is 0, then your biological filtration is working well. You'll be able to treat your fish with CP at the same time as you are treating your tank. This is what I did and it was a home run. Again, only if you want to.