View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2009, 03:03 PM   #67
pIankton
Registered Member

I've been using it for a little while now and this is my assessment:

1.) I really believe that if you have an EXTREME HA problem, then it's probably best to remove and scrub the rock first before using the product. I think you need to beat the stuff down, then kick it while it's down.
2.) If you have some slight HA, then dose as recommended.
3.) It appears to have caused some cyano in certain areas which are now gone.
4.) It also appeared to have a slight effect on lobophora type algae. My lobophora would receed from the center, then flake off after maybe 4 weeks of dosing.
5.) It didn't appear to have any effects on my grape caulerpa.

I did testing on 2 different tanks at the same time. Once was a 90 gallon that had minimal HA at best. After probably 2 weeks, the HA was gone and I continue with a weekly dose as a maintenance routine. The second tank was a 20L and it was fully covered in HA. I didn't scrub the rock or anything - strictly dosed only and I would say it took care of about a third of the HA. I ended up with an ich outbreak in the 20L due to bad QT practices and once I removed my fish to QT them, I simply cut the lights for weeks straight as there were no corals or anything, just rock and HA. I'm in the process of breaking down that tank for other reasons at the moment.

pIankton is offline   Reply With Quote