View Single Post
Unread 02/20/2018, 01:43 PM   #16
BClute
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesMelling View Post
My Asta 20 light arrived today From Amazon. I have to say I am impressed for the price. I wasn't expecting the brightness and colour to be as noticeable as it is. My nem positioned itself on my weir right under one of my Radions. I bought a flat topped rock and moved my H.magnifica onto it and positioned the new Asta 20 6500k light I bought above it. I have the light on about 50% to allow the nem to get used to it and so not to possibly burn it.

So far everything is going well, the nem has been on the rock since yesterday and has not moved from the rock so far at least. Will it stay put, will the nem like the power and 6500K light provided enough to satisfy it? Only time will.

I have to say no matter if it is a success or not this I am impressed with this little light, especially at the bargain price. The nem is currently bathing in the light provided which I believe the spectrum of the Radion may not have been providing for it. My nem may have come from close to the surface on the reef and I am hoping this little light along with the rock it now resides on is the answer for my nem.

On a side note IMO this little light would be ideal for lighting a small fuge with Cheato etc in I would suggest it would light an area of approximately 18" square.

In your latest pics you posted, is that the largest you've seen the Mag get? It looks
Like it might be pretty scrunched up/POed. I think I read that you moved it to a new rock, so maybe that's why. When I got my mag it was about that size when it came in, and now she's huge! Not complaining though haha. Also do you have a pic of the new light
And how it's mounted and it's affect in the color of the water; Kinda like a FTS but focusing on the light? I added a mag to my tank about a month ago and always looking for ways to improve her quality of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BClute is offline   Reply With Quote