View Single Post
Unread 05/07/2012, 11:45 AM   #1233
Ianwraab
Moved On

So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropTrea View Post
Trying to rate lighting fixtures that are made in a foreign country and marketed from a foreign country is very difficult. This is especialy true sine thay are not liable by any of our truth in advertising laws.

the only true ways to rate them would be if some none biased individual would put each of them under a spectrum anylizer to see how much light at what wave lenghts they are actualy producing. Then run the lights for an extended period of time and watch for break downs and degradation of the light comming from them.

With LED's long range testing is especialy true because there are so many variable with heat being one that can completly change the picture between a system right out of the box and one that has been running for year or two.

Bhe best advise I can give is generaly an individual gets what they paid for. If the $150.00 gixtures were as good as the $2,000 fixtures then no one would be buying the $2,000 fixtures. However I have yet to see a manufactured fixture out there one could not build themselves in the same price range and know exactly what they have.
I got the evergrow I figure worst case I can resell or use on a frag tank$$$$
But honestly... If I can build it then a manufacturing company can mass produce... Do you buy generic medication or pay 40% more or name brand?
Why do you think generic is cheaper... Not made under same US laws... Aka overseas or Canada... You care more for your tank then your body?

LEDs are simple stuff..they'd guys bought a schematic, bought a ton of material in bulk... Not they sell cheep to move product.

.some company's put a blue temp readout on there lights and charge $200 more look at the mid range models vs. the high range models...cuz it looks cool can cost a bunch too ya know...