View Single Post
Unread 08/10/2009, 01:58 AM   #16
Tswifty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kkdoughboy
Stop bragging!!!! That is one badass setup! I gotzta get me a rimless setup! They are hottt!

Thanks. Yeah there are some real gems around RC. I blame Nick (GSMguy) and 143gadgets for getting me on the rimless bandwagon.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill14
I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing. I also have zero nitrates and an abundance of nuissance algae. The one concern I had is that carbon dosing seems to do a better job of elminating nitrates then phosphates (anecdotal from observing a few carbon dosing threads). Since nitrates don't seem to be the problem for either of us, I wonder how much this system will help. Perhaps the additional bacteria dosing will be the key. I'll be following along closely to see how this goes.
That's what I thought as well, however during my reading I noticed both clean and "dirty" tanks pursuing this course of action. I believe it's the MB7 which drops the PO4 drastically about 1 month in, which is why it's recommended to pull the GFO offline when you beginning dosing the bacteria so it doesn't compete with it.