View Single Post
Unread 11/21/2017, 07:43 AM   #21
pauldrapeau
Registered Member

Part 2 of the package impressed! I took a few less pictures just because of the volume of stuff I had to set up, sort, acclimate, etc. I also started the day with a wicked cold so I was sick on top of that. Oh well. Everyone is safe and sound in the tank.

I will say I bought too much rock. Even taking 10lbs or so and putting it in the new mantis tank made for a challenge to aquascape. I took my old rock out of the fuge and replaced it with some of the boulder shaped pieces from the package. This was a 60gal package if anyone is looking for sizing in the future. You'll have "Extra". In fact if anyone is local to MA and wants a few pounds I have some pieces in a holding tank in the basement. PM me (free to a good home!!!).

Acclimation time while I rockscape...

Early Christmas!

Hitchhiking Long Spine Urchin

Glass box to reef tank!

I still have to say I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the package. I recommend it highly. I'm still hunting hitchhikers and I will for a while (see next post). You'll probably see less and less of this post once I do an equipment update over the weekend because my plan is to observe this tank and leave it fishless for a few months. Taking it SLOW but that was always part of my plan. The package gives me life and cool stuff to look at (and outsmart) while I do that.

pauldrapeau is offline   Reply With Quote