View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2018, 09:19 PM   #14
Silfer
Gonnae no dae that.

I have a 2ft cube harem tank.

I have about 25kg of live rock, 22 tri colour bubble tip anemones and 10 baby tank bred ocellaris clownfish. They are all living together well as one big family, there is already one that has out grown the others fast and is clearly the boss of the lot.

I run a single AI Hydra 26 HD with my own modified BRS AB+ profile, I have 2 x Vortech MP10 QD's that run anti-sync mostly in lagoon mode, but I'll switch it between that, NTP and Gyre mode throughout the day. In the sump I have a Bubble Magus C3.5 Skimmer and a Santa Monica Surf 2x. I did have bio pearls but took them off to see how the scrubber would cope. I recently put the pearls back on as for some reason the scrubber wasn't doing it's job well enough. With the pearls on too though my nitrates are 5 or less.

Thinking of removing the surf2x and trying chaeto in an algae reactor instead.

Someone said above you can't have more than 2 in your size tank. Well mine has 10 and nitrates are low.. you have to remember, only 1 clownfish will get big, then the male below her and the rest will stay quite small throughout their life.

*Also, any clownfish will use any of the main host anemones if you get them as juveniles. My 10 ocellaris were all in my bubble tip anemones within 15 minutes of being in the tank and they were tank bred and had never seen an anemone before in their life.

Last edited by Silfer; 01/11/2018 at 09:24 PM.
Silfer is offline   Reply With Quote