View Single Post
Unread 07/21/2016, 07:58 AM   #310
ReefWreak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
I think I'm finally getting a grip on this dosing thing too. I'm adding 5 fluid ounces of 2 part to maintain my alk at 9, and calcium at 430. Took me quite a while to understand you need to add equal parts of each. I had thought you test, then add whatever parameter was low. So in my case I was just adding ALK as my CAL was fine. All I ended up doing was creating a ton of precip. I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently I didn't, but I definitely have it down now.
Took me a long time to learn that too (though it's still hard to entirely grasp, since the numbers do bounce around independently). On the right path!

That's great that you can have family stay with you. My parents are always welcome at our place, but they have to sleep on an inflatable mattress in the middle of the living room, with floor-to-ceiling windows open to the back yard, so not the best accommodations.

Glad your algae is dying off too. That's always the right direction. Just make sure to keep exporting as it dies. I'm getting more bubble algae, which is the real tough algae to get rid of, since there is no solution for it other than manual removal (or large fishes that eat it, which is how I kept it at bay in my old 120g tank).

Good things though. Keep the tank and house cool through the summer, and you'll be set for some serious growth!

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote