View Single Post
Unread 03/11/2014, 01:24 AM   #117
dgarrets
Registered Member

Hey DNA I had dino's last year and from your description I may have had the same strain - I don't know though as I do not have a microscope. I tried all of the remedies listed and have to say none of them really worked for me either. After losing almost all of my corals I decided to take drastic measures and turned the lights out for 5 weeks! There really were no corals that we doing well when I did this and all of the ones I had from the beginning (2 years of growth) were goners by this point anyway.

I had a seritosa survive and even color back up after the 5 week lights out period and that was it. I am currently rebuilding my tank and have not seen any signs of the dreaded dino's since last October.

Will they come back? Possibly, but for now it appears that I have gotten over them.

Wish I could contribute something that give people hope, but for the strain I had nothing worked - this includes high PH, tons of siphoning and turkey basting, heavy skimming, tons of GFO and ROX carbon and changes, 10 micrometer filter bags changed daily, ultra algae x, multiple 3 day and 5 day lights out periods - you name it I tried it.

I never killed my bacterial filter and some of the fish survived the dino's (I did lose a few algae eaters) - but things are back on track.

This is one mean pest!

dgarrets is offline   Reply With Quote