View Single Post
Unread 11/17/2017, 07:02 AM   #2450
ksmmike
Registered Member

The best laid plans, eh. After I had decided on getting a shadow overflow and a custom tank from SCA, they put the 90 gallon PNP on sale. Since I can get the stand, skimmer, tank, sump and return pump for less than the cost of the custom tank and overflow, it's hard to pass on the sale.

So, it looks like I'll be ordering the 90 gallon PNP system soon. That being said, I know some of you have told me to upgrade the return pump, which I will do and eventually replace the skimmer in the future. I'll upgrade the pump right away.

My question is for homer1475 and anyone else who upgraded the bulkheads. I think homer told me he did. What did you use? Arent the holes 1" in the PNP? Did you upgrade to the schedule 80 double threaded 1" bulkheads. Since I have to order rock and other things, I wanted to get the bulkheads and some plumbing now to save on shipping later.

I'm going to get Pukani dry rock and cure it in a bucket for 10 weeks, then set up the tank with live sand and the cured rock. I'll run it with the new setup for a week or so and put in some snails, then add a few corals after a couple of weeks. I figure since the rock should already be cured and cycled, I should be ahead of the curve in adding livestock to the tank. After about 3-4 months of only coral and snails, I'll add the 2 clowns from my current tank and start to populate with other fish, one each week until I get to about 6 fish and then let it settle for a couple months. Then I'll add a few more. That's the plan, I hope it works. It's a 12 month plan.

Thanks
Mike

ksmmike is offline   Reply With Quote