View Single Post
Unread 05/02/2014, 08:28 PM   #19
stonecold
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
This is an amazing tank, I am glad the recognition has been made. This tank certainly deserves TOTM. Well done my friend!
Sahin. Thank you for following and the nomination. IMO, you're 1 of the biggest contributor in this great hobby of ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
Nick, absolutely amazing tank, great job!!!
Jeremy. I'm sure that you have a lot of Nicholas/Nick in your database, but I am that Nick that you, your wife, Michelle, and your crew has helped throughout the years with all those crazy questions. As you can see, it has finally paid off. Thank you your precious time and patience. You, your wife and your crew are all SUPER STARS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmost View Post
oh wow ! amazing color, amazing growth, and the aqua-scaping is out of this world !

would you mind telling us more about how you "suspended" the rocks from the sand bed by 1-2" ? any pics of the tank before corals went in ?

Thank you for sharing your system with us.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the aquascape w/o corals.

Regarding the "suspended" rocks. I have a total of 5 structures in the tank. With the exception of the left front structure (where the Efflo is) and the Goni, the other 4 are supported by small rocks. These rocks serve as "legs" ie our chair legs. Not very good pics, but I hope the pics below will illustrate what I am speaking off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean obergfell View Post
Just beautiful ....love the dimensions....
So, on a cloudy day... Lights are turned off..... Very interesting, please tell us more on why?

I ask because I live in western NY..... I see many cloudy days!!

Thank you,
Sean
Thank you, Sean.

Before our "3 Days Light Out" thread and when I first started the hobby, I used to have algae outbreak. The gentleman that assisted had advised me to turn off my lights a few days, cover all of the viewable panels with newspaper and the algae will die as they need light to grow. What I notice each time is not only the algae are gone but my corals seem to look better; therefore, I have continue to do this. I choose a cloudy day because it will be dark and I don't have to cover the panels with newspaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolireef View Post
You have set an incredibly high standard with this tank. When my wife saw it, and looked at my still cycling 110, her first response was "Make it look like that!!"

Just beautiful.
Thank you. With patience and good husbandry, we will all get there. With all the TOTM articles that I've read, I think that JPMagyar, Joe Peck and mpoletti, Mark Poletti said that best. Joe - Follow/focus on 1 tank that we idolize. Mark - Enjoy and learn from our trial and errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post
Nice tank.. congrtas..

How long have you had the goni? is it as big as it looks...
I have had the Goni since 2010. Upon purchase, it was half dead midway down. Today, the base is fully encrusted and fully open its a foot all around. The length of my tank is 48" and height is 24". If we look at the FTS, we can have an idea of its size. A lot of hobbyists have asked me for caring tips. I wish I could share, but till this day I honestly don't know what it eats. When I brought it home, I used to feed it Cyclopeeze, but I never saw any feeding response so I gave up. Just like every coral, it has to eat something. Unfortunately, I just don't know what. :-(

Last edited by stonecold; 05/02/2014 at 09:21 PM.
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote