View Single Post
Unread 12/17/2015, 04:39 AM   #120
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavista99 View Post
Looe Key Reef is my personal favorite place to dive in the Florida keys....and it is so close to Key West too.. (about 23 miles North if I recall).
That's where the snorkel boat from Bahia Honda State Park goes. It's just a short trip from the park to Looe Key. We snorkel out there every 2 or 3 years just to see the big reef and how it's doing.

So you can rent snorkel gear at Bahia Honda State Park, play with it and make sure it works for you in the water just off the beach which is a great place to snorkel! The fun part about off the beach at the park is that the water is really shallow and you are allowed to touch stuff, even pick stuff up if you want. Then take the big pontoon boat out to Looe Key for a 90 minute snorkel over some really big corals. The fun part about off the beach at the park is that the water is really shallow and you are allowed to touch stuff, even pick stuff up if you want.