View Single Post
Unread 03/29/2005, 01:35 PM   #111
sidewinder770
Registered Member

dvj81-
Yeah- it's all pvc. Below all the ball valves is flexible PVC just for vibration dampening and so as not to put a lot of stress on the bulkheads- it also makes it easy to remove the pumps if I need to. It may be hard to tell from the pictures but I can close the ball valves and remove all the plumbing and/or pumps with the unions. I find working with hard PVC a beeze and fairly cheap- until you throw in all the ball valves and unions of course !

NOLACLS-
That's exactly how I built it. The section in the front (including center support) is removable for a full 8'x18" front access or I can keep that piece in and use it to support myself over the tank while working in the tank. The whole canopy "frame" is attached to the stand as well as the wall and shouldn't "flex" at all with a few hundred pounds of weight on it. The removable section isn't needed to support the weight of the canopy as the whole front "skin" section of the canopy will be on lift struts to completely open the front of the canopy. It will also have functional doors that I can open just to feed or look inside the canopy if I want to without "opening" the whole front of the canopy.

Current Tank Info: Currently between tanks- previous tank was the June 2007 Tank of the month.
sidewinder770 is offline   Reply With Quote