View Single Post
Unread 09/07/2017, 09:08 AM   #351
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
Since the ich is in the tank, if the powder brown is healthy and eating, I'd just keep on feeding healthy foods and leave him alone. Pulling the otherwise healthy fish and treating him for a disease that he'll immediately just pick back up again when he gets back into the display sounds like a waste of time and resources, and will stress him out more than leaving him alone and treating him to an extra helping of selcon or other delicious foods to help him through his current health crisis.

If ich is present in the tank, it's there, and you wont get rid of it unless you keep it fallow and/or treat it directly (hyposalinity, copper, etc). Many/most of us have ich in our tanks, and the fish show it when stressed. As long as they're eating and otherwise healthy, it shouldn't be a problem seeing them through this recent bout.

I think the bigger concern than ich itself if its already in your display and you aren't likely to get rid of it are secondary bacterial infections from fishes scratching on the rocks due to ich causing itching.

And while this is certainly not going to get rid of the ich, do you have a cleaner shrimp that might help the fishes through this stage of the disease? It won't cure it, but it may provide temporary relief when the fishes need it?
Thanks ReefWreak,

What you suggest is exactly what I have been doing.
Continue to wait and not do anything drastic to Tank or Fish. (With hope Power Brown will eventually fight it off).
I wouldn't say he is healthy looking. But acting healthy for sure.

He and all fish will eat as much as I provide. I am feeding a good variety (flake,Pellets, and Frozen Hikari Spirulina Brine Shrimp).
ONE THING I COULD ADD is some NORI on a clip.

Yes, I have a cleaner shrimp.

Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote