View Single Post
Unread 07/22/2015, 08:30 PM   #1349
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnalnrsh View Post
Since Sunday, I have started feeding tons of frozen food (not rinsed), shut off my skimmer, I haven't done a water change in months or a test of any kind.

Thursday I am adding the phyto and pods from algaebarn and I am going to pick up pods / phyto near by.

Cleanup crew is pretty much a trochus snail and a peppermint shrimp. Not going to change anything there.
I hope that works for you!
Feeding makes mine worse, but then I seem to have a really toxic strain. Whenever I siphon off more than 1/4 of the tank, I see waves of dead pods, bristleworms, etc. This is running fresh carbon, filterfloss, filter socks, skimming very wet. Microfauna no doubt the way to go, just find me a company who'll ship to Canada.

Did discover this morning that my hermit crab is in fact alive, he just moulted and switched shells. Don't know what the poor thing is eating in there, but go crabby!

ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote