View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2009, 11:48 AM   #42
mobert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Elliott
well, you really have me thinking

is there a salinity monitor/controller out there that will turn on/off a device such as your pond feeder? My salt water pool has a digital device that tells me when to add or subtract salt but does not control another device.

I'm thinking of creating a system similar to yours. I'm planning a little different skimmer shut of device when it goes nuts, still in planning stage. I will use a separate kalk drip connected to a RO reservoir controlled by my acII ph controller to avoid the precipitation that occurs with kalk and sea water:http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...7#post14122447

will update as the plan solidifies
I think there is an aquacontroller that measues s.g. and controlls devices but on the other hand, I may have to go back to manually adding a cup or two of salt every night as the Koi feeder has been crusting up and malfunctioning sitting over the open water. I will try raising it higher or running one of the cabinet fans more.

I don't have much precipitation probably because my unmixed Kalk mixture is very dilute and my salt is not full strength. My tank inhabitants do not require much additional calcium other than what is supplied by the water changes.

mobert is offline   Reply With Quote